Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Top 5 Lists-Favorites of 2011

This year has been really good for entertainment in my opinion. There was a lot to see and enjoy in the worlds of movies, TV and comics. So, this is going to be my second annual top 5 lists.
Movies

1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

2. Insidious

3. Hanna

4. 13 Assassins

5. X-Men, First Class


Honorable Mentions: I Saw the Devil, Hobo with a Shotgun, The Warrior's Way, The Last Circus, Priest, Monsters, Trollhunter, Paul and Rango.


TV Shows


1. American Horror Story

2. Revenge

3. Misfits UK

4. Supernatural

5. Fringe

Honorable Mentions: Criminal Minds, Breaking Bad, Happy Endings, The Killing, The New Girl, Grimm, Wilfred, Skins UK, Luther, Nikita, Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother.


Anime

(I should mention that the anime shows I've watched this year are not new but are new to me.)


1. D. Gray-Man

2. High School of the Dead

3. Nabari no Ou

4. Durarara

5. Ga-Rei: Zero

Honorable Mentions: Canaan, Black Butler, Rin: Mnemosyne, Eden of the East, and Black Blood Brothers.


Games


1. LA Noire

2. Limbo

3. Sims 3 Adventures

4. Grand Theft Auto 3 iPad Edition

5. Infamous/Infamous 2


Comics

A long time ago I use to read comics and graphic novels a lot. Over the years, my interests changed and comic were no longer important to me (I grew up). For my birthday I received an iPad and discovered a comic book app that would change my life. Now I read comics and graphic novels on my iPad almost on a daily basis and rediscovered what I loved about them in the first place. Here are the top five comics I've been reading this past year.


1. The Walking Dead

2. Hack/Slash

3. Locke & Key

4. Sandman

5. Chew


Honorable Mention: Dark Tower The Gunslinger Born, The Dream Eater Saga, Jennifer Blood, and Morning Glories.


Podcasts (video/audio)


1. Diggnation
(Gone but not forgotten)
2.The /Filmcast

3. Totally Rad Show

4. Hollywood Babble-on

5. Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler


Honorable Mention: The Nerdist, Smodcast and Shock Till You Drop.


What I'm most looking forward to in 2012:


1. Prometheus

2. The Dark Knight Rises

3. The second half of The Walking Dead season
(I hope it gets better)
4. The Killing season two

5. Castiel's return on Supernatural lol!


Extras:

I decided to list my favorite apps since I'm on my iPad and/or iPod touch all of the time.


1. Netflix
2. Hulu
3. Comics X

4. Twitter

5. GetGlue


Honorable Mentions: Blastr, Facebook, Google Plus, Huffington Post, Digg, Flixter/Rotten Tomatoes, Audible, Foursquare and TweetDeck

No comments: